NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION IN THE U.S. OR OVER U.S. NEWSWIRES
TORONTO, Feb. 10, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Further to the press release dated December 2, 2019, NEW WAVE ESPORTS CORP. (the “Company” or “New Wave Esports”) (CSE: NWES), an esports and competitive gaming company that provides capital and support services, is pleased to announce it has completed the acquisition of all of the issued and outstanding shares of Even Matchup Gaming Inc. (“EMG”) not previously held by New Wave Esports (the “Acquisition”). New Wave Esports previously held an 18% stake in EMG. EMG is an esports events production and broadcast company based in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
EMG highlights include:
- A Toronto-based leading esports and competitive gaming event organizer, broadcaster, and player management company that produces onsite and online tournaments.
- Focused on producing events within the fighting game community (FGC), such as Super Smash Bros., Street Fighter V, Tekken 7, Dragon Ball FighterZ, and more.
- Hosts 80+ events per year with two major events, Get On My Level and Let’s Make Moves.
- Get On My Level, an annual Super Smash Bros. tournament with an official Nintendo partnership, saw 2,100+ attendees and just under 1M livestream views on twitch.tv during its 2019 event – with projected increased attendance and viewership for its 2020 event.
- Let’s Make Big Moves, another annualized FGC event, saw just over 1,000 attendees with 344k+ Twitch impressions for its 2020 event.
- An annual growing audience of 7,400+ attendees, 25.8M+ social impressions, 5.5M+ YouTube views, and 1.8M+ Twitch livestream views.
Read the full press release here.